Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Getting the Lead Out

This is my second post. I am at work, where most of my co-workers are gone to a convention in sunny Florida. Sure, every person you ask that says they "have to go", try to make it sound like it's such a big chore, and since they'll be working the whole time, they won't have any time to enjoy Pleasure Island in the off-hours. I don't buy it. At least they aren't bragging. So things are pretty slow around here and there's not much to motivate me to get anything done.



I live in California, but not the sunny part. I said to myself not too long ago that next year I will live in a place where I can actually enjoy the summer, not by going out of town on the weekends, but during the week as well. I could do that in NJ. Even NYC if I had connections to those fancy rooftop pools like in Sex and the City.



I was thinking more along the lines of the Carribean. I once spent two months in a bathing suit sipping Vodka Tings with topless English lasses in St. Martin. Ever since, I think I've been on island time. I show up to work at 10 am. Maybe that's why I wasn't invited to the convention. I'm never stressed. My life is a vacation. And I'm always hung-over on Mondays. Perhaps people know not to take me seriously, therefore my chances of becoming an executive at my current company are very slim.



Crap, if I could just think up a good idea to start my own company. To be a business owner, not an employee. How could I do it with no capital, no resources, and no products or services?



Either way, I get a paycheck every other Friday. Since I don't have to work too hard for it, I get to piss it away frivolously. Back when I had to do manual labor between cushy desk jobs I was very possessive about my money. I could quantify how hard I had to work for each and every dollar I had in my pocket. You didn't see me handing out cash to the truants in my neighborhood.



No comments:

Post a Comment